This is the overall workflow for creating or updating a package.
Development Environment Preparation
- Prepare for Packaging
- Review the requirements for the package.yml file.
- Also review our Packaging Practices.
Prior to Building a Package
Please check the following:
- Search open package requests to see if there is one for the package. If there isn't an existing issue, go ahead and submit your pull request. If there is already a pull request, please check its status to avoid duplicating work.
- If you are submitting a pull request for the inclusion of software in the repo, the package has a corresponding package request that is accepted for inclusion or is a dependency of a package that has been accepted into the repository.
- Update your development environment
- Prepare the package directory and build the package
- For a new package that does not yet exist in the repos see Creating a New Package
- For updating a package that already is in the repos see Updating an Existing Package